How To Prepare Your RV For Winter
When you believe RV winterizing, you likely believe'anti-freeze' - and that is aasignificant part RV maintenance, but not the one thing you need to think about when devoting yourself for the wintertime! Properly preparing your RV sales for your chilly season entails taking under account the water systems, the battery life, venting, rodents, moisture management and appliances too.
To make this process simpler, here is a simplified checklist that will assist you keep organized while preparing for the forthcoming winter - is it a brief one!!
- Properly winterize your RV with anti-freeze to stop cracking of waterlines because of freezing.
- Care for and shut all of your slides. This can help stop water, snow and moisture going into the unit.
- Store in a covered area if you can, away from trees, trees and debris.
- Wash the exterior of the RV and then clean the interior. Cleaning the device will help remove mold, mildew, dirt and odour.
- When selecting an RV cover, then make sure it is made from breathable material to avoid mould and mildew.
- If not using an RV Cover, an Air Conditioner cover and tire covers are advised therefore the A/C unit does not require in leaves, water and snow. Maintaining the tires insured will assist with cracking.
- Angle front tongue downward to help in snow and water runoff throughout the off season. This may provide less water develop around the device.
- Make certain all blinds are shut to stop sunlight and ultra violet rays exposing your furniture, carpeting, appliances and finishes.
- Eliminate all of the food and perishables out of your RV. This can bring in unwanted rodents or lead to mould through the wintertime.
- Defrost and clean out the refrigerator interior to maintain the refrigerator performing well throughout the summertime.
- Prop the refrigerator doors open to permit air flow. This can assist in preventing nasty odours.
- Inspect all seams on doors, windows, roof vents etc., . cracked caulking, and reseal If Needed